Peat extraction involves two peat production departments: a Peat Department "Osintorf" located in Dubrovno district and a Peat Department "Usvizh-Buk" located in Tolochin district, Vitebsk region. They are structural units of "Belorusskaya SDPP", a branch of RUE "Vitebskenergo".
At this time, the Peat Department "Osintorf" embraces 38 employees and 376 hectares area of the peatlands "Osinovskoye" and "Scherbinsky Mokh." The Peat Department "Usvizh-Buk" embraces 62 employees and 354 hectares area of the peatland "Usvizh-Buk".
Main aims and objectives of the Peat Departments "Osintorf", "Usvizh-Buk":
- providing RUE "Vitebskenergo's" power sources and Housing and Utility Sector's boiler houses with fuel milling peat for powdered combustion;
- extraction and sales of cut peat (block peat);
- supply of compost peat for agricultural purposes;
- production and sales of vegetable soil;
- extraction of sod peat for boiler houses using local fuels and residents (by prior request of consumers in the amount of not less than 3000 tons per year);
- sod peat supply to the chemical industry with ash content of up to 2% (by prior request).
This year, milled fuel peat production is planned in the amount of 50 000 tons, 2020 - 55 000 tons.
The main consumers of milled fuel peat:
- local fuel power source "Belorusskaya GRES" affiliated to "Belorusskaya SDPP" in Orekhovsk, Orsha district - 15 000 tons per year;
- local fuel mini-CHPP "Baran" in Baran, Orsha district, affiliated to "Belorusskaya SDPP" - 15 000 tons per year;
- boiler houses of Kokhanovo unitary enterprise of housing and utility sector "Kokhanovo-ZKH" in Kokhanovo and Tolochin - 14 000 tons per year;
- boiler houses of unitary enterprise of housing and utility sector "Dubrovno-Kommunalnik" in Dubrovno - 9 000 tons per year;
- other customers - up to 1 000 tons per year.
RUE "Vitebskenergo" created a single complete production cycle ranging from the development of peat deposits and peat extraction (peat fuel), electrical and heat energy production using local fuels at the power sources to peat transportation to a consumer with minimum expense at every stage.
210029, Vitebsk, 30 Pravdy str.
fax: +375 212 36-06-33; 36-06-34
Deputy General Director for General Affairs - Shershan Igor Petrovich
Tel. +375 212 49 23 54;
Leading Engineer of the Fuel and Transportation Department - Ruslan S. Markushevski
Tel .: +375 212 49-24-86; fax: 49-25-49